Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:07:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cisco 2500 Memory modules??

SIMMs.  Parity.  Non-EDO.  Should be info on approved memory on Cisco's
web site, but for 2, 4 and 16 meg ones you are often ok with just about
any good quality memory.  8 meg is harder.

If you are silly you can buy Cisco RAM but you shouldn't be that silly.

Hmm... where did I put that URL...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/cis2500/2500cfig/67028.htm

I never bother trying to find memory on their approved list since it can
be quite difficult and not worth the hassle.

Note that some 2500s have 2 meg on board so you end up with 18 with a 16
meg simm.