Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:45:11 +0100
From:      Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>
To:        lippemail@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org, araujo@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/119760: [UPDATE] sysutils/pv

Thanks for the patch!  I wont have time to properly test until in a
couple of days, sorry for the delay.

One question though: What is your rationale for making debugging and
profiling OPTIONs?  I have never quite gotten around to see the
usefulness of knobs which will never be used.  Developers who want to
actually debug or profile a piece of software can just as well edit the
Makefile or set appropriate {C,LD}FLAGS.  Any serious development work
will have to be from a repository checkout and not from within the ports
tree anyway.  Would you agree or have I missed something?

Thanks!

--
Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel@roe.ch>