Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:24:16 -0700
From:      Neil Bliss <yoda@integratus.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@integratus.com
Subject:   proposed changes to INSTALL.TXT re: PR 20919

Hey folks,

After seeing that PR 20919 was still unassigned, I took a look at this, and I
think I've come up with some diffs that resolve the problem.  They're below.
Any feedback?

thanks,

Neil

*** /usr/src/release/texts/i386/INSTALL.TXT     Fri Feb 18 07:11:40 2000
--- /tmp/INSTALL.NEW    Mon Sep 11 16:24:57 2000
***************
*** 140,148 ****
     drive in some FreeBSD machine, it's quite easy: You simply add the
     following line to the password file (using the vipw command):

!         ftp:*:99:99::0:0:FTP:/cdrom:/sbin/nologin

!    And anyone else on your network will now be able to choose a Media
     type of FTP and type in: ``ftp://<machine with CDROM drive>'' after
     picking "URL" in the ftp sites menu.

--- 140,155 ----
     drive in some FreeBSD machine, it's quite easy: You simply add the
     following line to the password file (using the vipw command):

!         ftp:*:99:99::0:0:FTP:/:/sbin/nologin

!    Then create a symbolic link called <Release Name> in the root directory of
!    the machine with the CDROM drive.  For "Release Name", you should
something
!    along the lines of "4.1-RELEASE" or "4.0-CURRENT", or whatever your
FreeBSD
!    cdrom says on it.  Create the symbolic link with a command similar to:
!
!       ln -s /cdrom /<Release Name>
!
!    Anyone else on your network will now be able to choose a Media
     type of FTP and type in: ``ftp://<machine with CDROM drive>'' after
     picking "URL" in the ftp sites menu.

Neil Bliss
Integratus Customer Support
email: support@integratus.com
www: http://www.integratus.com

Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
I think so, Brain, but balancing a family and a career ...  it's all too
much for me.