Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:22:50 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Wai Chan <waichan@hpu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xterm to/from another box

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 01:08:16PM -1000, Wai Chan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know RelectionX lets Windows have xterm or CDE from a unix box.  Is there
> any software let one unix box have the xterm or CDE of another unix box?

To run a xterm from another box, you only need to set the DISPLAY
environment variable on the remote host to point to your local host
before invoking xterm. Running a windowmanager remotely to manage your
local machine's X-server can also be done in the same manner - the
caveat here is to make sure there are no local window-managers aleady
running on your local machine.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>