Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:13:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Karl=20Klammer?= <slimk7771@yahoo.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   EiffelStudio, Bad System Call / SIGSYS / 12

Hi All !

I wanted to install EiffelStudio 5.4, but received a
'Bad System Call' returning to the shell. I wanted to
know what I can do to make it operating.. ?

tia -slk

PS: Im not subscriped - please answer directly

This is what I've done till now:

* activated in /etc/make.conf:  COMPAT4X = true
* build & installworld
* nothing changed in /etc/rc.conf
* according to ldd:
> ldd studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio
studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio:
        libm.so.2 => /lib/libm.so.2 (0x28079000)
        libc.so.4 => /usr/lib/compat/libc.so.4
(0x28094000)

* according to brandelf:
> brandelf studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio
File 'studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio' is of brand
'SVR4' (0).

* according to file:
> file studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio
studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio: ELF 32-bit LSB
executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

* according to gdb:
> gdb ./estudio
GNU gdb 5.2.1 (FreeBSD)
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/Eiffel54/studio/spec/freebsd/bin/estudio
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...
Program received signal SIGSYS, Bad system call.
0x280cad20 in sigaction () from
/usr/lib/compat/libc.so.4
(gdb) bt
#0  0x280cad20 in sigaction () from