Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:04:33 -0500
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        Leif Neland <root@neland.dk>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: splitting mail for domain

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:30:48PM +0100, Leif Neland wrote:
> I have aquired my own domain.
>
> I want to route a few adresses to other isp's, and the rest to my home
> fbsd box.
>
> bigbrother@neland.dk  ->  user1@some.domain
> littlebrother@neland.dk ->user2@another.domain
> rest of @neland.dk	->mail.neland.dk at home.
>
> I can control MX and sendmails at work with virtusertable, aliases and
> what else is required.
>
> I want to make rest of @neland.dk to be routed to the home box without
> having to add an user at work everytime I add one at home.

If your box is online 24x7, just point the MX for the domain to the box and
route it via /etc/aliases.  If it isn't on-line all the time, you could
spool the mail for your domain on the mailserver (using a mailertable),
download it though UUCP over tcp/ip, and sort it via /etc/aliases once
it gets to your box.

--or-- is the delay is unacceptable, make a virtualuser table on the
mail machine:

bigbrother@neland.dk		user1@some.domain
littlebrother@neland.dk		user2@another.domain
@neland.dk			you@mail.neland.dk

make sure mail.neland.dk is in sendmail.cw, and use procmail to sort
the mail coming to you@mail.neland.dk.  Just make sure you have the
box on line often enough to avoid those "unable to send mail for 4
hours, will continue trying" messages (you could always use a
mailertable to spool the mail to your box for delivery over UUCP).

--Mark