Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:57:16 -0500
From:      "Frank Griffith" <frank@dfw.dynip.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Newbie questions

I've been using FreeBSD almost 4 years now and while
I know alot, I certainly don't know it all. For example I
just started to hear about floppy based setups last year
and only this morning figured out what PicoBSD was all
about. So I tried downloading the files and have yet to
work out the details, but I feel I'll get there. I do have the
following questions I was hoping someone can answer
quickly before I proceed:

1. I see there are 3 basic modules, ppp, network and
router. I have all three files but was not sure if I will be
able to run all three modules from a single floppy. That
is I want to boot from floppy and run a NAT gateway
for a small LAN to the Internet. Is this possible?

2. Will this setup work with a modem set for COM3,
IRQ5 or do I have to compile a special kernel like I
did for 4.2-REL to use this same modem?

3. After several hours of researching the LinuxRouter
stuff and PicoBSD I found several dead links and the
usual intructions that require more than my level of
experience. Is there a comprehensive site for newbies
and intermediates on PicoBSD? For example, one of
the PicoBSD docs instructs to get the file picobsd.tgz
but try as I may at all the known FTP site, I could not
find this file available.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.