Date:      Thu,  3 Aug 2000 14:51:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To:        unniix@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: want freebsd

> hi im interested in buying your freebsd 4.0 package as soon as possible but
> i cant seem to be able to find out if my hardware is compatible.

If you're really hesitating, just download the two 1.44MB floppy images
from ftp.freebsd.org and try if it boots and reports most of your
hardware. :-)

> it would be greatly apprcieated. This is a list of my hardware:
> CPU:  AMD Athlon 600Mhz     Motherboard:  ASUS K7MWOA  ATX   Cooling Fan:
> Fan for K7, dual fan

AMD K7 works

> Memory:  128MB PC100 SDRAM    Hard Drive:  Western Digital 18.1GB UDMA IDE
> Floppy:  Mitsume 1.44

FreeBSD has support for IDE drives, even UDMA 33 and UDMA 66,
with UDMA 100 coming in the near future.

> Video Card:  Diamond Viper V770 Ultra    Monitor:  Sony Triniton .25 17in

No problem. You will also have 2d acceleration under X11 and limitied 3d
hardware acceleration.

> CD-ROM:  Mitsumi 48X INT IDE CD_ROM

Is supported.

> Sound Card:  Sound Blaster Live Value

I am not sure about that one. Search the mailing list archive on
www.freebsd.org (list: freebsd-multimedia) about it.

> Modem:  US Robotics 2977 56K V90 PCI

No idea about that one.

> Keyboard:  Microsoft natural feel   Mouse:  Microsoft Scroll PS2

These should cause no problems.

Regards,
Marc