Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:25:40 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please help spread the CVSup mirror load more evenly

> > There are  couple of RFCs on network load balancing with
> > respect to servers or services and I am sure that there
> > are also widely available research papers.
>
> Most of those concentrate on balancing the load on the server
> itself.  How about balancing the load on the network paths,
> I doubt very much that we have a server load problem near as
> much as we have a network load problem due to people not
> having ready access to the data that says ``this server is
> closest network wise to me''.

Hi Rod!

Perhaps RFC 2391 may be of use.

Network Working Group                                       P. Srisuresh
Request for Comments: 2391                           Lucent Technologies
Category: Informational                                           D. Gan
                                                  Juniper Networks, Inc.
                                                             August 1998

       Load Sharing using IP Network Address Translation (LSNAT)

	Enjoy

--
 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com