Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:08:53 -0600
From:      "Joshua Richesin" <jrichesin@peoplepc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   compaq laptop  1245 modem

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C06505.D7CF41E0

Hi, My name is Josh Richesin,  I am new to FreeBSD and have a question =
pertaining to installing a modem for a compaq 1245 laptop.

I have freebsd 4.1 installed on my laptop.  Everything is working ok.  =
The only thing that I cant do is get the modem up and running.  I was =
told be a person in the IRC chat room #bsd that it was most likely a =
winmodem and that I would be out of luck.  If this is true, could =
someone tell me what I should do so I could connect my laptop to the =
internet.  Also, If I can use the laptop's current modem, Where do I =
need to start?  I appericatie any help that I can get on this.

Josh Richesin
(newbie)

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C06505.D7CF41E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi, My name is Josh Richesin,&nbsp; I =
am new to=20
FreeBSD and have a question pertaining to installing a modem for a =
compaq 1245=20
laptop.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have freebsd 4.1 installed on my =
laptop.&nbsp;=20
Everything is working ok.&nbsp; The only thing that I cant do is get the =
modem=20
up and running.&nbsp; I was told be a person in the IRC chat room #bsd =
that it=20
was most likely a winmodem and that I would be out of luck.&nbsp; If =
this is=20
true, could someone tell me what I should do so I could connect my =
laptop to the=20
internet.&nbsp; Also, If I can use the laptop's current modem, Where do =
I need=20
to start?&nbsp; I appericatie any help that I can get on =
this.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Josh Richesin</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(newbie)</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C06505.D7CF41E0--