Date:      Fri, 09 Apr 1999 20:23:06 +0930
From:      Ian West <ian@apdata.com.au>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 corruption since upgrading to 3.1. Has DMA code changed?

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I don't think there is any problem with the bt848 driver on 3.1 if you guys
> can't
> figure out what is the problem just mail me. Do make sure that your driver
> is the correct version for 3.1 .
>
> In the interrupt routine there is a printf for those having problems just
> uncomment it.
>
> The values printed will give a clue as to what the bt848 is being upset about.
>
>    /* printf( " STATUS %x %x %x \n",
>                 dstatus, bktr_status, bt848->risc_count );
>         */
>
>         Amancio

On a similar but slightly different note, (sorry, you figure
prominently in the
brooktree driver intro :-) Are you aware of any simple reason why fxtv
would end up
with the actual image offset on my system ? (Matrox millenium II AGP,
running 1400x1120
resolution, 32 bit.) The vertical location seems correct, but the
image is almost always
on the far right of the screen, not nicely tucked inside the frame.

Moving the fxtv frame up and down, the image does track it vertically.
Horizontal is completely wrong.

I did try at 1600x1200, results were the same.

Anything I should try ?

Thanks,
Ian West