Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:37:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      George Reid <greid@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/25362: New port: w9wm: A hack of 9wm to give virtual screens

>Number:         25362
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: w9wm: A hack of 9wm to give virtual screens
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
w9wm is a quick & dirty hack based on 9wm, the wonderful "template"
window manager made by David Hogan.

9wm is really nice for all day use (I mean, a large Emacs window
covering the whole screen and a terminal to use Lynx and browse the
web ;-)) provided that you do not have a large number of windows on
your screen.  But in some occasions it is not the case (ie. you have
to telnet to 4-5 remote machines), which is painful with 9wm.

This need for virtual screens motivated this about 50 lines hack.
w9wm brings support for virtual screens (provided you use the second
button, aka middle button to select one virtual screen) as well as for
key bindings (to switch from one window to another).

- George Reid
greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org
>How-To-Repeat:
n/a
>Fix:
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	w9wm
#	w9wm/Makefile
#	w9wm/distinfo
#	w9wm/pkg-descr
#	w9wm/pkg-comment
#	w9wm/pkg-plist
#
echo c - w9wm
mkdir -p w9wm > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - w9wm/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >w9wm/Makefile << 'END-of-w9wm/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:   w9wm
X# Date created:        25 February 2001
X# Whom:                George Reid <greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=       w9wm
XPORTVERSION=	0.4.1
XCATEGORIES=     x11-wm
XMASTER_SITES=	http://inferno.cs.univ-paris8.fr/~drieu/w9wm/src/
XMAINTAINER=	greid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org
XMAN1=		w9wm.1
XUSE_IMAKE=	yes
XNO_INSTALL_MANPAGES=	yes
Xpost-install:
X	${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/w9wm.1 ${PREFIX}/man/man1
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-w9wm/Makefile
echo x - w9wm/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >w9wm/distinfo << 'END-of-w9wm/distinfo'
XMD5 (w9wm-0.4.1.tar.gz) = 102169e67b9b616f16b21da97bfb8289
END-of-w9wm/distinfo
echo x - w9wm/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >w9wm/pkg-descr << 'END-of-w9wm/pkg-descr'
Xw9wm is a quick & dirty hack based on 9wm, the wonderful "template"
Xwindow manager made by David Hogan.
X9wm is really nice for all day use (I mean, a large Emacs window
Xcovering the whole screen and a terminal to use Lynx and browse the
Xweb ;-)) provided that you do not have a large number of windows on
Xyour screen.  But in some occasions it is not the case (ie. you have
Xto telnet to 4-5 remote machines), which is painful with 9wm.
XThis need for virtual screens motivated this about 50 lines hack.
Xw9wm brings support for virtual screens (provided you use the second
Xbutton, aka middle button to select one virtual screen) as well as for
Xkey bindings (to switch from one window to another).
X- George Reid
Xgreid@ukug.uk.freebsd.org
END-of-w9wm/pkg-descr
echo x - w9wm/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >w9wm/pkg-comment << 'END-of-w9wm/pkg-comment'
XA hack of 9wm to give virtual screens
END-of-w9wm/pkg-comment
echo x - w9wm/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >w9wm/pkg-plist << 'END-of-w9wm/pkg-plist'
Xbin/w9wm
END-of-w9wm/pkg-plist
exit