Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:11:32 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: We need to do another XFree86 release for -current someday soon..

<<On Sun, 31 Mar 1996 14:52:58 -0700 (MST), Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org> said:

> I think the stubs should go in and the version bump can wait for the
> parameterization,

It's TOO BLOODY LATE!  Shared library version numbers are an
INCREASING function with respect to time.

> which should make the library not care about the
> underlying transport code

The library doesn't give a damn about the underlying transport code
(as would have been obvious to you if you actually used the code
rather than wasting my time whining about its removal).  The library
routine iso_ntoa() requires header files defining the structure of a
CLNP address and `struct sockaddr_iso'.  Those header files no longer
exist.  Therefore, the code will no longer compile.  Period.  End of
story.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.