Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 09:07:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      scot@poptart.org
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        xiyuan qian <xiyuan@npc.haplink.co.cn>, danny@panda.hilink.com.au, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limiting users connect time (+ another little questi

Yes... I've set up a 'ppp -auto' to an ISP that uses dynamic IP
addresses...  here's the ppp.conf file:

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATZ OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0M0 OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set debug phase lcp chat

# demand-dial settings for bogomip internet
bogo:
 set phone 01714608200
 set login "TIMEOUT 25 name:-\\r-name <blah> word: <blah> * ppp\\sdefault"
 set timeout 900
 set redial random 10
 set ifaddr 195.1.1.1/0 194.1.1.1/0
 add 0 0 194.1.1.1

And my ppp.linkup file:

bogo:
 delete ALL
 add 0 0 HISADDR
 set debug phase

I run PPP with:
	ppp -alias -auto bogo

Then line comes up when I try to ping a host from anywhere on my network
to somewheree not on my network - my networked hosts having their default
router set to the FreeBSD machine.

Scot Elliott		scot@poptart.org	Tel: +44 (0)181 9322042
Public key available by finger at:   finger scot@poptart.org
			    or at:   http://www.poptart.org/pgpkey.html