Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:58:52 -0300
From:      "Lisandro Siviero" <cetifac@infovia.com.ar>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Instalation on scsi disk hangs

Hi, my name is Lisandro and I'm new in unix.

I'm trying install FreeBSD on Quantum scasi disk of 2GB.
The scsi controller is a Adaptec AHA-1522A.

The process hangs when it is copying bin to / and the progress bar is in 6%.
This in VTY1 and in VTY2, the last lines are:

        dev/afd0h
        /stand/cpio: dev/afd0h linked to dev/rafd0h
        dev/rafd0h
        dev/afd0s1
        /stand/cpio: dev/afd0s1 linked to dev/rafd0s1
        dev/rafd0s1
        dev/afd0s2
        /stand/cpio: dev/afd0s2 linked to dev/rafd0s2
        dev/rafd0s1
        dev/rafd0s3

The disk is properly terminated and it was running with win nt before. So, I
think it hasn't fisical problem.
The computer is a 486 with 32MB of ram.

Thanks for helps.

Lisandro Siviero