Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:34:49 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Bill A. K." <billieakay@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Current Uncompilable? Attn: Greg Lehey

On Sunday,  3 October 1999 at 23:47:24 -0400, Bill A. K. wrote:
> On  Sunday, October 03, 1999 8:54 PM, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday,  3 October 1999 at 19:51:21 -0400, Bill A. K. wrote:
>>> Hi Everybody,
>>>      my -current dosen't want to build today. it's failing with a
>>> signal 12 on libgcc1.c (or could it be libgccl.c)? Anybody else
>>> have these problems today? As of about 30-45 minutes ago when I
>>> tried CVsuping again, there was so changes to the libs or
>>> anything that I think could be this.
>>
>> Have you built a new kernel first?
>
> Greg,
>      Thanks, I'll try that.....However I was under the impression
> that I am supposed to make the world first......has this changed
> recently?

Yes.  Didn't you read the HEADS UP from Marcel Moolenaar a few days
ago?

> I was following the instructions on how to make the world/ how to
> stay current in the handbook. I believe the make world document is
> based directly on "Making the World Your Own" (it is just about
> identical).

Well, one of the things about how to stay current is to read the
messages posted on -CURRENT, especially if they have a subject line
like "HEADS UP: sigset_t changes committed".

> Just to review the steps:
>
> i'm running 3.2-RELEASE
>
> i cvsup to 4.0-CURRENT
>
> i build a new kernel from the new 4.0 sources.
>
> i install the kernel and reboot
>
> i make and install the world
>
> Please let me know if this is correct.

You might have trouble upgrading at all.  You've certainly chosen an
unlucky time to upgrade to -CURRENT.  At the moment you're supposed to
build a new kernel first so that it understands the new signal system
calls.  Try it and see what it says.

> P.S. Is your lemis.com mail system set to reject mail from @yahoo.com
> addresses?

Yes.  It also says why:

Oct  4 13:05:00 freebie sendmail[51972]: NAA51972: ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<billieakay@yahoo.com>, relay=www.keycomp.net [207.44.1.33], reject=550 <billieakay@yahoo.com>... Mail rejected.  See http://www.lemis.com/dontspam.html

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.