Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:25:26 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        mohsen@pahlevanzadeh.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shared library's directory

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> Dear all,
> I wanna develop shared library in FreeBSD,
> What's that's directory?

People normally put their own and third-party shared libraries under /usr/local/lib.

> I wrote a shared library & then used
> ldconfig /usr/lib
> after above command,my gedit wasn'r ran.It report a library problem.
> Please guide me......

Running ldd on whatever it is may be informative.  Perhaps you need to pass the
right linker flags when building the program, if you're compiling it yourself?

You might also find using /usr/ports/editors/gedit easier...

--
-Chuck