Date:      Sat, 05 Apr 2014 00:39:24 +0300
From:      Jonni Nakari <jonni@egarden.fi>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of 64 bit DomU PVs?

Hello,
what is the current status of 64 bit paravirtualized FreeBSD? The wiki
page Xen wiki page [1] states that only i386 kernels can be run in fully
paravirtualized mode. The wiki page hasn't been updated in a while. Has
anything changed since the last update?

I would like to run FreeBSD as a DomU on a AMD 64 bit machine that does
not have hardware accelerated virtualization. That propably means that
it's not feasible to run a HVM based DomU on the machine? I would also
like the DomU to be 64 bit to provide more than 4 gigabytes of RAM to
the ZFS serving FreeBSD.

Or maybe I have misunderstood something. Is it possible to provide more
than 4 GB RAM for a 32 bit DomU so that it can use all of it for ZFS
caching?

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/Xen

--
Jonni Nakari