Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:31:39 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
Cc:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>, Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adobe FrameMaker (was Re: Opera Beta and FreeBSD)

Brett Taylor wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Joseph Scott wrote:
>
> >       Does this allow the Adobe Frame Maker for Linux to work also?
>
> Hi Joseph - the short answer is yes.  I too (as you may recall) was having
> trouble getting FrameMaker running before.  I updated linux_base and now
> it runs fine.  I haven't installed the license yet, but the demo starts up
> now just by running the maker script.  Recall you need to do a:
>
>          setenv FMARCH linuxm.glibc2.i386
>
> (assuming you're using a csh type shell) before starting it.

	I cvsup'd the latest ports collection, but when I go to build
linux_base from the ports it dies with :

===>   linux_base-6.1 depends on executable: rpm - found
setup-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
/etc/profile conflicts with file from setup-1.9.2-1
/etc/protocols conflicts with file from setup-1.9.2-1
/etc/services conflicts with file from setup-1.9.2-1
error: /usr/ports/distfiles/rpm/setup-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm cannot be
installed
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1