Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:21:23 -0400
From:      "Charles Peters - Tech Support" <cpeters2@home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VPN on FreeBSD

Greetings:

I am looking to set up a VPN using FreeBSD.  My current
networking configuration is as follows:

FreeBSD 4.0 gateway with dedicated internet access via a cable
modem.  This unit is running NAT and IPFW.

Client workstations on the lan are all Windows 95. Windows 98,
and Windows 2000 Professional boxes.

The file server is a FreeBSD 4.0 server running Samba 2.0.7.  This
file server has 2 network cards, one with an internal ip address
(192.168.0.5), and the other with a real internet ip address
(24.4.xxx.xxx).  Users on the VPN will need to have access to the
Samba Shares from the outside world.  Most users will be
connecting through cable modems, DSL lines, or by dialup
connections to their local ISP.

Any suggestions as to a solution would be appreciated.

I have attempted to use PoPToP from the ports collection, but I
have been unable to get users access to the Samba Shares.

Thanks in advance!

Charles

Charles Peters
mailto:support@tecpro.com