Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:03:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Al Kwan <akwan@hboss-bsd.powersurfr.com>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INBOX Locked

Hello all,

Figured it out after much frustration.  Hopefully if anyone else gets this
problem you can learn from my errors..

Somehow my /tmp (/usr/tmp) directory permissions changed to:

drwxr-xr-x  -  so groups and everyone didn't have write access to tmp

Pine needs that to put the mailbox file in while it works on it and lets
you delete messages and so forth.

Change permission on the /usr/tmp directory to allow write access and the
INBOX stops being "readonly".

Al Kwan