Date:      Sat, 02 Dec 2006 14:44:39 +0100
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   dri on FreeBSD 6.2

Hi,

I have just installed the x.org modular ports based on
http://wikitest.freebsd.org/ModularXorg . I have set X11BASE to
/usr/local. Concerning DRI I have run into two problems:

- the DRI shared objects are searched for in the wrong place (somewhere
in /usr/X11R6). I need to set the environment variable
LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH to /usr/local/lib/modules/dri so DRI is working.
- the graphics/dri port defines -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN in the freebsd-dri
configuration files. There is no posix_memalign function in
6.2-PRERELEASE, so the dri .so file fails to load. I don't know if
posix_memalign was added in current.

Correcting these two things, I have DRI working on my Radeon X300 SE
PCIe. I'm not sure if I should post PRs about these issues, because I
don't know if the PR system is used for the x.org modular branch.

regards
German Tischler