Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 18:15:29 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware notes (mobo recommendations?)

> From: Jud <jud@operamail.com>
> Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 21:45:08 -0500
> Subject: Re: hardware notes (mobo recommendations?)
>
> >Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz> types:
> >> I know I would be pissed off pretty much if I bought a KT266A-
> >> based board just to find out that FreeBSD doesn't work with that.
>
> I recently bought an ASUS A7V-266E mobo (KT266A chipset) for less
> than $160 that works beautifully with FBSD.  It also has an on-board
> Promise RAID chip that I believe is the same as the one in the Fasttrak
> 100, which FBSD supports.

    Hm, I've seen more than one report of problems with the south
    bridge. What version of FreeBSD do you use on that machine? Do you
    run X? What about the onboard audio? Do you actually use the onboard
    RAID? "works beautifully" is a bit vague.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:11PM up 3 days, 19:19, 15 users, load averages: 0.15, 0.14, 0.10