Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 02:44:41 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video-editing on FreeBSD?

On Monday 02 October 2006 18:29, Dieter wrote:
= > Having patched fwcontrol as below, I'm able to get the data,
= > but mplayer plays it as garbage and file(1) identifies it as
= > merely "data". It is supposed to be Sony's HDV (16:9)...
=
= If you ship it back to the camcorder with fwcontrol, will
= the camcorder play it?

No, unfortunately it would not... The second I enter

	fwcontrol -S /..../tape3.dv

a message pops up on the camera's little screen, telling me, the input is in
the wrong format :-(

Trying to play the files with Quicktime and Media Player (on Windows) results
in file-format complains too.

I guess, fwcontrol does not capture the unknown format quite right, but I have
no idea, how to correct it...

	-mi