Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:28:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Staudt <lint@drexel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing 4.0-R on a Dell Precision Workstation 620

ok, i've determined that the AIC-7899 controller is being detected as
device ahc0... the problem of no disks still persists... my question now
is, does this have to do with the fact that the two disks were setup as a
RAID0 array in adaptec's RAID controller setup utility (this scsi
controller has a RAID addon, AIO-xxxx if i recall)? i have seen from the
mailing list archives that 4.0-STABLE does work on these things in RAID
mode, but at the moment i'm just wanting to get 4.0-R installed on the
box...

adam