Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:39:25 -0400
From:      Justin Wells <jread@semiotek.com>
To:        David Coder <dacoder@dcoder.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: automatic package upgrading

Hi David,

"make world" applies only to /usr/src, and not to /usr/ports so far
as I know. At least it doesn't work on my system.

The equivalent in /usr/ports is a "make install", which will in fact
install everything.

I want to install only those packages that need upgrading, because the
version in ports is newer than the installed version.

Justin