Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:14:14 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Reporting problems with Firefox (?)

Is this address (gnome@FreeBSD.org) the proper place to send bug/problem
reports regarding Firefox?  If not, could you please direct me to the
Right Place to do this?

Problem(s) summary:

I've just upgraded my main work/desktop system from (ancient) FreeBSD 4.11
to 6.2-RELEASE, and thus, switched from some ancient rev of Mozilla to
Firefox, and I'm having some really serious problems with it.

In particular, it locks up (and pegs CPU usage to 100%) each time I either
(a) try to download a file, to disk, from any web site or (b) try to
switch back and forth a few times between the cute icons at the top of
the little pop-up window that comes up when one tries to adjust "Preferences".

(Also, with Mozilla, I found that I could use Cntl-K to delete the part of
any text line to the right of the current cursor position, i.e. within any
text entry area on any wab page.  But now that seems to no longer work.
Is that a X11 issue?  Or is it a Fixefox issue?)

Last question:  Is Firefox being built ``native'' for FreeBSD?  Or is it
being built for Linux and then run under the compatability mode?  If the
former, then where may I download the latest and greatest FreeBSD-compatible
FireFox sources?  (The problems above are sufficiently annoying to me that
I might actually take a whack and building and debugging Fixefox myself.)

Regards,
rfg