Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:17:05 +0400
From:      Gaspar Chilingarov <casper@acc.am>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re[2]: possible email conflicts while virtual hosting

HELLo Alejandro,

Friday, November 12, 1999, 2:25:47 AM, you wrote:

you can also try qmail+vpopmail packages ..... it'll give u ability to
create full virtual SMTP/POP3 domains .
it's a bit difficult to configure them @ first time (after having
sendmail expirience), but after all it's doing all its work very
well (and fast :).

u have different users for different domains - u have no need to open
any shell acounts/UIDs at all ... just 1 controlling account for each
virtual domain.

only unusual thing - POP3 names look like
username:domain.name or username@domain.name <- in this case some "cute"&"smart"
mail clients (like Netscape) throw out @domain.name part ...
u can also configure username and domain_name delimiter.

qmail also supports a very good mailing list manager :)

AR> Hi,

AR>     There isnt such a conlict, you can have your mail server with only 1 ip
AR> address, and 20 domains in it, the mail server (I will recall sendmail for
AR> this example), sits on port 25, and it is configured to receive mail from
AR> several domains, if you want to have same usernames for different domains,
AR> thats why the virtusertable its for, just map exact email addresses to local
AR> users, like this:
    it's solution specific for sendmail :))))
AR> sales@domain1.com    tom
AR> sales@domain2.com    john
AR> sales@domain3.com    charly
AR> etc...