Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:30:52 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Paul Jansen <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv and PixelView remote control problem

Paul Jansen:
 |I have a brooktree based pixelview tv tuner card.  The notes for the fxtv
 |port say that it supports a pixelview remote.  I am unable to get this
 |working.
 |The card I have is a pixelview/prolink model.  he actual model number is
  PV-BT878P+ (Rev.9D).

 |I'm using the command line /usr/X11R6/bin/fxtv -remoteType PixelView

Roger Hardiman <roger@freebsd.org> and Bryan Collins <bryan@spirit.net.au>
wrote the pixelview remote support.  You could check with them.

Looks like the code uses an I2C bus ioctl to the tuner file descriptor
(e.g. /dev/tuner0) to receive remote data.  Could be your card has
different expectations than the ones they worked with.

Randall