Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:52:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        os2_daemon@altavista.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is "ELF" ?

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 os2_daemon@altavista.net wrote:

> I've seen so many ELFs around.
> Could anyone explain what's an ELF ?
> Thank's.

according to the Webster:
-------------------------

1- A small, often mischievous imaginary creature believed to possess
   magical powers
2- A mischievous child
3- A dwarf.

:-))))))

I also would like to know the meaning of "ELF".

and in a few words the possibilities and the reason why it was so
important for FreBSD to move from a.out to elf.

(I know that some people consider that this subject has been
debated too much on the mailing lists but I would like to know
why I have to tell my clients that the the applications I wrote several
years ago have problems with the new FreeBSD 3.0 and that I will have to
spend time to fix)

--
Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net