Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2013 21:32:39 +0100
From:      "Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD multi" <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD quest <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD and snd_hdspe last-ditch attempt

Hi :)

I can use Opera to play YouTube by the analog IOs of the HDSPe AIO sound
card. I can use Jack with OSS and play a WAV by Audacity and by Audacious
and I also can hear ZynAddSubFX. All of them only use the 2 analog IOs.

If I test VLC with OSS and /dev/dsp or /dev/dsp* (* is for 0 to 7), it
doesn't work.

I don't know how to use Gnome Music Player Client. It's asking for an
ominous host, it's seemingly not the name of the machine.

cat file > /dev/dsp is mentioned in the handbook, but it doesn't work.
ALSA completely isn't available.

Is there nobody able to help? Are there no correct instructions what to
do? Is anybody else using snd_hdspe besides the coder and me?

Regards,
Ralf