Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:01:34 +0400
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Richard Lucas" <rlucas@solidcomputing.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: snmp

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Lucas <rlucas@solidcomputing.com>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 12:40 PM
Subject: snmp

> I'm looking to setup snmp on my freebsd firewall and have installed
> ucd-snmp. Setting up the config file looks to be a challenge though. I'm
> basically wanting to use it for mrtg to monitor network traffic. Anyone
> have any good how-to pages on it? Or any suggestions?

Just install ucd-snmp from its ports and run (in most cases ucd-snmp isn't
required to be configured). There is enought documentation in MRTG
documentation, just read it. There is also script in MRTG distribution,
which help to build generic configuration file for MRTG, you can edit it
then.
So, don't worry about ucd-snmp.