Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 08:44:05 -0400
From:      Mike.Gruver1@firstunion.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        janko@compuserve.com, sebastianmotta@uol.com.ar
Subject:   Re: Questions para pop3 de linux migracion

The Dutchman's Spanish isn't so bad.  However, I think the sticky part of the question remains.
I think what he is asking is how to migrate the passwords (and users ) on his POP accounts from the linux server to
FreeBSD. Don't most POP3 ports use the user accounts in the OS?

I guess one question is what POP3 daemon is he using on linux?  And therefore where is the passwd file?
If it is in the OS then how does one go about migrating this?

Mike

<Janko wrote:>

English is the preferred language on this list. Else you only get a
reaction from a Dutchman who only had 3 years of Spanish 30 years ago.

If I understand your correcty you have to migrate a POP mail server from
Linux to FreeBSD. And you do not know how to migrate the passwd file.

Is this correct?

I have never done this, so maybe somebody else can jump in.

===Janko van Roosmalen - Vught - Netherlands===

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Boss wrote:

> Mi nombre es Sebastian Motta, mi consulta es la siguiente:
>
> Necesito hacer una migracion de cuentas de correo de un pop de linux,
  a freebsd. Sobre que archivo debo migrar las cuentas del archivo passwd