Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 22:25:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Leo Papandreou <leo@talcom.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: very slow scsi performance

> This is a big SCSI-I clunker but I've since installed 3 other Atlas
> II's alongside old faithful without any hiccups. Granted, the newer
> 10,000 RPM IBMs spin faster but 7200 rpm is none too shabby.

The Atlas I did pretty well.  The Atlas II has a nasty problem with
the queue full condition that can render tagged queuing useless
unless your queuing algorithm is smart.  I'm hopeful that they will
fix it for the Atlas III, but even if they don't, CAM knows how to
deal with this particular type of problem.

--
Justin