Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 12:50:02 +0200
From:      Jonas Bulow <jonas.bulow@servicefactory.se>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with

Hi!

Since last week I got sound working on an IBM Thinkpad 600X which has an
AC97 compliant mixer and a CrystalMedia chip identified as:

csa0: <Crystal Semiconductor CS4614/4622/4624 Audio accelerator/4280
Audio contr
oller> mem 0x50000000-0x500fffff,0x50100000-0x50100fff irq 11 at device
6.0 on p
ci0
pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> on csa0

more /dev/sndstat gives:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Aug 30 2000 22:28:41
Installed devices:
pcm0: <CS461x PCM Audio> at irq 11 (1p/1r channels duplex)

Now comes the problem:

/dev/dsp and it's friends report "device busy" when the computer is
resumed after it has been in suspended mode (zzz).

When trying to access /dev/dsp after the resume I see the following in
dmesg:

pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

Is it possible to "re-init" the audio-device after this resume from
suspended mode to get the device work again?

If I try to reboot the computer the device probe will fail on the sound
device. Sometimes it will freeze the computer and sometime it will
report "device not ready" or "ac97 codec invalid or not present id==0" .
I have to turn off and on the computer to get it working again. (..or
boot MS windows before rebooting to FreeBSD).

Any suggestions how to solve this?