Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:25:42 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        beech@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ProFTPd 1.3.2.r2 - ftpwho missing scoreboard file

I can not use ftpwho command after upgrade to proftpd-mysql-1.3.2.r2.

# ftpwho
/var/run/proftpd/proftpd.scoreboard: No such file or directory
(Perhaps you need to specify the ScoreboardFile with -f, or change
  the compile-time default directory?)

I have in proftpd.conf
ScoreboardFile  /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard

(I think /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard was default location in older versions)

and this file exists:
# ls -al /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  7888 Sep 24 11:10 /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard

What / why changed in ProFTPd code?

Workaround is to change proftpd.conf to:
ScoreboardFile  /var/run/proftpd/proftpd.scoreboard

then after restart, scoreboard file is created in this location and
ftpwho command can use it.

Can it be fixed or mentioned in UPDATING?

It is not showstopper and I can live with this little change in my
configs, but it is annoying to do this change on all my servers.
(already done)

Miroslav Lachman