Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 01:26:22 GMT
From:      efinley@castlenet.com (Elliot Finley)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp using com2

Hello,
     I set up user PPP on com1, and it worked fine.  I was able to
cvsup 2.2-stable, and I was also able to load packages off of the net.

     I then set my machine up to use com1 as a console...  This works
great also...

     I changed my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to use cuaa1 instead of cuaa0....
     I also went into /etc/ttys and commented out the line that
started mgetty on cuaa1...  The problem that I'm having is this: as
soon as my machine boots up (with the modem on com2), it puts the
modem into fax mode...  Then, when ppp dials out to connect to my ISP,
my modem won't connect because it is in fax mode.  I can't find what
is putting it into fax mode...

   any help would be appreciated...
--
     Later