Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:55:17 -0500
From:      Normand Leclerc <nospam@ele.etsmtl.ca>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syslog reports weird things

  I will set it up this evening and I'll come back to you on this.  I've
always had trouble with the serial console on my Alpha...  The kernel gets
all messages through but every interactive output (i.e. shell output) looses
at least 50% of all character sent.  This is another problem that I had on
4.2, we'll see on 4.3...

  Right now, the best example I can give you to produce a console mess is to
use sysinstall or lynx.

Normand.