Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 10:24:51 +0200
From:      Rob Schofield <schofiel@xs4all.nl>
To:        Free BSD Hardware list <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3C579-TP Ethernet card

Mike Smith wrote:

> Not really; I find EISA relatively uninteresting.  You would be better
> off studying the driver source yourself, and looking at the output from
> booting with '-v'.

I must admit I tried the -v boot also, with no joy. I dug into the
source (which falls under the eisa device probe regimen in sys/i386) to
see it is probed as an EISA device, but when trying to build a kernal
the card appears to be defined as an ISA device at a fixed IRQ under the
isa bus controller. I have to confess I'm getting lost!

--
The Ninety-Ninety Rule of Project Scheduling:

The first ninety percent of the job takes ninety percent of the
allotted time, the last ten percent takes the other ninety percent.