Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:07:23 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Improper failure declarations for cmbat

I have an IBM T30 with 2 batteries. Yesterday I was running on battery
for a while and completely exhausted the secondary battery. The primary
never dropped below about 75%.

When the secondary dropped, acpi_cmbat1 started spitting out large
numbers of errors.
acpi_cmbat1: critically low charge!
While the messages are correct, they are not really appropriate when the
primary battery is fully charged and is both annoying and fills up the
log, possibly causing "real" messages to be missed. I would suggest that
no battery critical warning be issued unless all batteries are critical.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)