Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:40:29 +1000 (EST)
From:      Joel Sutton <jsutton@bbcon.com.au>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        Victorias FreeBSD User Group <general@vicfug.au.freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD gets a mention in Australian MacWorld

Greetings all,

MacWorld's August edition has an article on the new Mac OS X server
software. On page 33 we get a quick mention:

"The good news is that Apple said its goal was to syncronise Darwin with
FreeBSD 3.x (www.freebsd.org), arguably the most popular version of free
BSD Unix available. That move would undoubtedly assure Apple a larger
community of programmers who could contribute to Darwin."
.
.
"The true measure of success of Apple's open-source strategy, however,
will be whether Apple can succeed in making developers care about Darwin
the way they care about Linux and FreeBSD today..."

-- The Millennium Mac, by Stephan Somogyi - p 29 to 36

It's certainly the last place I expected to find a mention of FreeBSD, but
I'm not complaining. ;-)

Enjoy, Joel...

---
Joel Sutton                       |                Busy Bee Consulting
Phone: (0409) 426-563             |               Melbourne, Australia
Email: jsutton@bbcon.com.au       |           http://www.bbcon.com.au/
VicFUG Webmaster/Acting President |  http://www.vicfug.au.freebsd.org/