Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:59:08 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP mirrors

Daniel C. Sobral wrote (2001/08/03):
> First, I note you update your cvsup-available directories from
> cvsup.cz.freebsd.org servers. Any reason why this is preferable
> to putting the two together (unless you use two different
> machines, of course)?

(cvsup|ftp|www).cz.FreeBSD.org is only one machine. We do not have
any reason to split it on more machines, because our server is lightly
loaded (and I do not know why :-), so I even run two dnetcs on it.
FTP and CVS stuff are on different disks, so updating within one
machine is faster, more reliable, saves network bandwidth and so on.

(The second question: I do not know.)

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science