Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 16:30:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "John E. Hein" <jhein@timing.com>
To:        "Ghulam Dastgir" <banta@ghulam.force9.co.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS/Sendmail problems

Specifying DMghulam.force9.co.uk in sendmail.conf is not enough
 (not that you did only that).  There is a ruleset change needed
 as well to rewrite the envelope address.  I had the same
 problem.  Before I added that rule change, the Return-Path
 still had the full hostname.

Try doing the following:
-- go to /usr/src/etc/sendmail/cf
% cp freebsd.mc ghulam.mc (or something)
-- add the following lines to the ghulam.mc
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
MASQUERADE_AS(ghulam.force9.co.uk)

then
% make ghulam.cf
and
% cp -ip /etc/sendmail.cf /etc/sendmail.cf.orig
% cp -ip ghulam.cf /etc/sendmail.cf
% diff /etc/sendmail.cf /etc/sendmail.cf.orig  (to see the change)