Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2010 20:17:44 +0100
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        mike@karels.net
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Schedule for releases

--Apple-Mail-2--682631634

Hi Mike,

Den 22/12/2010 kl. 18.45 skrev Mike Karels:

> - Those of us doing backports could probably do a better job of
> sharing the results.  On the other hand, I'm generally backporting
> to a specific release (currently 6.3 or 7.2) rather than -stable,
> and we're testing our software rather than FreeBSD.

Thanks for taking the time to write your comments. What strikes me is =
that we may have lots of non-FreeBSD developers working to backport =
stuff in their own private trees. Possibly a lot of redundant work is =
being done.

Even though you're backporting to a specific release, and even though =
you're only testing the work via your own software, would it not help =
others and possibly even yourself if this FreeBSD-specific work lands in =
the FreeBSD repository instead of your private tree? In my view you're =
just as much a FreeBSD developer as people with commit access that are =
scratching their own itches in CURRENT.

Erik=

--Apple-Mail-2--682631634--