Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 23:32:07 +0200 (EET)
From:      Ertan Kucukoglu <ert@hotpop.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error about standart c libraries (FreeBSD 3.2)

Hello,

I am a newbie first of all.

When I try to configure HylaFAX 4.1beta2 program. I get error. Error is
occured during compiling below piece of C code.
-----
#include "iostream.h"

int main()
{
   cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
   return 0;
}
-----

I tried manually and see that gcc can not find iostream.h file. I searched
a little and find two or more iostream.h files on my disk.

Tried to compile with -I but no luck.

HylaFAX says that I do not have standart c libraries. But, I think that
FreeBSD comes with standart libraries. Now, my question is that:

What can I do to configure and compile HylaFAX 4.1beta2 under
FreeBSD? (Or how can I compile above program?)

I also did following:
I have complete FreeBSD 3.2. I previously installed gcc 2.8.x from
ports. HylaFAX configure program finds and uses 2.8.x gcc. I renamed 2.8.x
version executable in order to use gcc version 2.7.x. That also did not
work.

Regards,

--
Ertan Kucukoglu