Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:22:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   D-LINK DFE-570tx (was Re: multiport ethernet card)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Jon Rust wrote:

> DLink makes a 4 port 10/100 card. Works very well. I've got 2 of them in
> a FreeBSD box now that I use as an interoffice router. About to add a
> 3rd...
>
>    http://store.yahoo.com/shopnetlux/dfe-570tx.html

Not to blame Jon or anything :-), but based on this precise
recommendation, I got this card, the D-Link DFE-570tx.  However, I've not
had any luck getting it recognized under 5.0-CURRENT (I intend to use it
under 4.2-STABLE, but first I'm testing it under -CURRENT).

Which specific network driver does this card want?  I tried if_de, if_dc,
if_xl, and then just enabled all of the PCI network drivers in the kernel,
and none of them find this card.

I've booted off another drive to Win98 on the same machine, and Win98
detects the card and installs drivers for each of the 4 ports (in the
incredibly painful, repetitive way Win98 has...).  How do I get FreeBSD to
recognize this card?

Ken