Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 20:42:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jason Lixfeld <jlixfeld@idirect.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject:   Network Monitoring Utility

Does anyone know of a decent program for BSD (FreeBSD)?  I am looking for
something that I can setup will all the servers, terminal servers, news
servers, proxy servers, routers, and external connections and monitor
the services for each. ie: mail = smtp & pop service and ping monitor,
news = nntp service and ping monitor, term servers = telnet and ping
monitors etc.  We are currently using a Windows '95 based program by
IPSwitch called What'sUp, and it works pretty well except for a few odds
and ends.  We are looking for something that we can tailor and configure
to suite our needs and I am just curious as to wether or not anyone here
can provide any suggestions!

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Jason A. Lixfeld
-=-
System Administrator Level 1
Systems Liason
-=-
Internet Direct o/a ComputerLink Online Inc.
5415 Dundas Street West Suite 301
Etobicoke, ON M9B 1B5
CANADA
[416] 233.7150 {V}