Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:25:28 -0600
From:      Kelvin Gates <KGates@cortelcosystems.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Java Swing dance

I am developing Java applications using Swing components.  Its my
understanding that the Swing 1.1 components are platform
independent.(Yes/No?) I have downloaded the latest JDK 1.1.7 from the
freeBSD site and installed it.  The demo applications work.  I downloaded
the Swing 1.1 components from Sun.  I am unable to compile java files with
the "import javax.swing.*" statement.  I have check paths and classpath
variables.  Is there something I am missing, will this even work and is
there anybody with even the  smallest Java 2.0 port to freeBSD?

Thanks in Advance
Kelvin