Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 1995 13:21:18 +0100
From:      jg@euronet.nl (Jan_Guldemond)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Large internet-sites using FreeBSD

Hi,

Does anyone know large Internet-sites running FreeBSD as OS. I would like to
use FreeBSD for 40-50 call-in-accounts. A 2Mbit line to provide a WWW- and
FTP-server E-mail for approx. 500 users etc..

Is this a kind of system that can run FreeBSD or should we by one of the
commercial (and expensive) OS-es. Or should I run this large systems on
Unix-hardware (HP, Dec, Sun etc.) in stead of a PC-based machine. I'm
planning to use a P90, 64Mb intern, 2.5Gb harddisk. Is this computer big
enough or should I change the specs.?

Bye!