Date:      Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:34:43 -0500
From:      Jon <jon@state.net>
To:        Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>, David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rev DNS on SSh

Jan Grant wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Paul Herman wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, David Daugherty wrote:
> >
> > > How can I stop reverse dns on every ssh? I've looked in the /etc/ssh and
> > > /etc/ssh2 and can't find any lines pertaining to this.
> >
> > What's the problem?  This is a good thing (for security, anyway.)

Well, not always.  I had to disable it because the daemon was running
behind a firewall w/ NAT.  After upgrading sshd, I didn't check the
config file, and it defaulted to 'RequireReverseMapping' to yes, which
would deny every attempt at a connection.  It took me a sec to figure it
out (and the -v flag :)

Jon